ClearCARE Technical Support
While there are those who pride themselves on their ability to self-support their IT environment, many organizations and individuals prefer (or require) access to professional support services. ClearCARE is ClearCenter's technical support subscription designed to meet the needs of a wide range of budgets and support requirements.
ClearCARE support is grouped into three categories - Level I, II and III. Each category progressively increases both the technical competency deemed necessary to satisfactory resolve a technical support incident and potential time (and urgency) that may be required. For clarity, the three levels are defined below with examples of support incidents which would qualify.
Level I Support:
Includes email, remote login & documentation reference support for qualifying apps (see Marketplace Support Policy below). Server, Network and Gateway features that can be configured from Webconfig fall under the scope of Level I support.
- My employees on the road cannot connect to the PPTP VPN server. How do I configure my server to allow remote access?
- I would like to share documents between my engineering and sales teams. How can I create a private share?
- Is there a way I can import 150 users without having to add each one individually?
Level II Support:
Provides technical support for more advanced features or configurations of the server, network and gateway. Implementing features not exposed via the ClearOS Webconfig UI but can be achieved through the installation of core-software or making configuration changes via the command line form the bulk of Level II support requests. The recipient of Level II support from ClearCenter either has general knowledge of Linux, networking and manipulating configuration files or agrees to allow remote access to qualified ClearCenter support team members to perform required changes.
- I would like to install ClearOS in a RAID 5 software configuration...how do I do this?
- I've run out of hard disk storage - how can I move users home directories to a separate disk?
- I have 2 subnets - one for data and one for VoIP. How can I prioritize traffic through the gateway?
Level III Support:
Level III support is reserved for technical support incidents where it is difficult to scope the duration of time an incident may take to resolve or require an individual having an extremely high skill set - beyond that of team members handling Level I and II requests. Upon client approval, a support incident that has been categorized as Level III will be escalated to an individual on our sysadmin or software development team or within a trusted network of ClearCenter technology partners. End user will work directly with one or more individuals assigned to this issue until a mutually agreeable solution is found.
Level III support is delivered on a consulting basis at a hourly rate varying between $100 and $250/hr, depending on the estimated duration and complexity. Rate, estimate and completion time (based on availability and scheduling) will be provided prior to job commencement.
- I would like to compile a driver, FooBar, for kernel X.Y.Z. Please assist.
- My organization requires a signed SSL certificate from a Certificate Authority like Verisign when accessing mail. How do I go about doing this?
- One of my HDD just failed in a RAID I array. Can you help me rebuild the new disk and get my array in sync?
How Can I Subscribe to ClearCARE?
ClearOS Professional Edition
ClearCARE is included with the purchase of a ClearOS Professional Standard and Premium subscription. ClearCARE is accessible on a pay per incident basis for subscribers of either ClearOS Professional LITE or Basic.
ClearOS Community Edition
ClearCARE is not accessible to users of the Community supported ClearOS Community Edition.
ClearOS Enterprise Edition (Legacy 5.x)
If you are using an older software version (eg. ClearOS Enterprise 5.x), please contact our sales team for information on acquiring ClearCARE support.
Creating a Ticket
To create/log a support ticket, login to the ClearCenter user portal and open a ticket. All tickets must be initiated via the portal, however, once your ticket is logged, email replies can be made from any mail client as long as you keep the subject (containing the ticket reference number) intact.
ClearOS Marketplace Support Policy
ClearOS is designed to be an open platform, allowing users and 3rd party developers to leverage and extend the functionality of ClearOS in the role of server, network and gateway. While this diversity and policy benefits users, ClearCenter must invoke a support policy around each app entering the Marketplace, commiserate with various factors such as:
- our technical knowledge with the underlying software
- stability and history of the software/app
- relationship and business agreements with vendor (if applicable)
The ClearCenter support policy is clearly defined in the Marketplace when browsing for apps to install. It is also available, by default, on the configuration page inside the ClearOS Webconfig. The denotation of whether an app is covered under one of the delivery methods done by way of a color-coded legend. If a method is 'greyed out', the method is not available to the end user as a mechanism for receiving support.