Now that you have downloaded your ClearOS VirtualBox image, you can begin the install.
- Make sure you have the correct ClearOS download for VirtualBox.
- Unzip the downloaded zip file.
- In VirtualBox, create a new Virtual Machine.
- Choose Linux as the Operating System and Linux 2.6 as the version - 64-bit if appropriate.
- Continue with the VirtualBox wizard
- Choose Use existing hard disk and click the browse folder icon to open the Virtual Media Manager.
- Click theicon on the toolbar of the Virtual Media Manager.
- Browse to the extracted .vmdk file and select it.
- Clickon the Virtual Hard Disk screen.
- Review your hardware choices.
- Clock on
Start the virtual machine and after booting, login as root with password clearos.
Once you have booted the system, you can configure and verify your network with the Network Console.